How do you share and gift FT articles?
You can share FT articles with anyone.
When reading from your browser, you can share an article to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn using the social icons on the side of an article page. When viewing from your app, you will find the share button at the top of the article page.
You can share unlimited articles with other FT subscribers or gift up to 20 articles per month to non-FT subscribers from your browser or from the app.
To share an article with non-FT subscribers you will need to gift an article by creating a gift link. To do this from your browser you need to:
- Open and view the article you’d like to share
- From the article, click on share icon on the left side panel on browser or at the top of the article on the app
- You should immediately receive a pop-up box with two options:
- Share with anyone
- Share with FT subscribers only
- Select the ‘Share with anyone’ toggle to share with anyone
- Click ‘Create a gift link’ to copy the link to your clipboard
- You can now share this link with anyone without an FT subscription
- If you are on a Standard subscription, you have 10 gift credits to use per month.
- If you are a Premium subscriber, you have 20 gift credits to use per month.
- Your gift link can be opened three times and is valid for 90 days. A gift credit is used up each time it is opened. We recommend sharing one link at a time, with one person at a time for a better sharing experience.
- Your gift credits refresh automatically every month.
To share an article with FT subscribers from your browser or app you need to:
- Once you’re viewing the article you would like to share, click on share icon on the left side panel on browser or at the top of the article on the app
- From browser, select ‘FT subscribers only’ in the pop-up box and click ‘Create link’
- From the app, click ‘Share with FT Subscribers’ in the pop-up box
- You can now share this link with anyone with an FT subscription
- The link can be opened three times.
- It is valid for 90 days.
- Sharing an article with someone who has an FT subscription does not use any gift credits from your account.