What is happening and why?
We have been working on some improvements to the ePaper to bring you a better reading experience, which you'll start seeing from Wednesday, January 18 onwards. As part of this work, we have also been making the technology that runs the ePaper more flexible so we can more easily make other improvements in the future to meet your needs.
What changes can I expect?
The first time you open the new ePaper, a pop-up tutorial will show you around and what's new. However, here are some new things to look out for:
- A cleaner, calmer reading experience
- Improved audio - choose to listen to a single article, a page or the entire edition cover to cover, narrated by a more enjoyable voice
- In-article translation - read the article in your chosen language within the ePaper itself instead of in a different browser
- Read FT Weekend Magazine, HTSI and other supplements in the same place as the ePaper - simply select from the left-hand menu
- Text view - choose to read the ePaper in page view or text view depending on your personal preference or what device you're reading on
- Jump to your favourite section from the 'Show pages' menu at the bottom left of the ePaper
Plus, more to come in the near future. If you'd like to be informed of these improvements to the ePaper and other new subscription features please select 'Yes' next to email under Top stories & features within your contact preferences on your FT.com account.
Are any features no longer available?
We have removed offline reading/the ability to download editions for content security purposes, however this feature will be available in our new ePaper app which is launching in a few months time.
Why does the page I have bookmarked no longer work?
We’ve made some changes to the tech platform that runs the ePaper, which has changed the URL - this might cause bookmarks to the ePaper to stop working. Please review and update your bookmarks to the new URL to make sure you can access your ePaper as you used to.
I have some feedback on the new ePaper. How can I share this?
We really value your feedback. To share your thoughts, please complete our Feedback Form.
Who can I contact for help?
If you have any questions about the new ePaper experience, please contact our Customer Care team.