The Alerts hub provides alerts services for FT.com subscribers and registered users. You can sign up for keyword alerts and also choose from a wide selection of email briefings.
The pages below offer helpful information relating to these products.
Email briefings video
- What is the email briefings service and how do I sign up for it?
My alerts FAQ
- What different alert types are available?
- The different alert types can be accessed by selecting the drop down within the “My alerts” tab.
- Company news and price alerts:
Receive alerts when company-related news stories are published, or when new company content – such as annual reports, video and slideshows – becomes available. Set price and volume alerts based on market criteria.
- Index alerts:
Receive notifications when there are shifts or trends in international market indices.Keyword alerts: Receive instant or daily notifications as soon as FT.com articles are published on your specific keyword terms.
- Portfolio alerts:
Receive daily, weekly or monthly summarise of your portfolio performance.Lexicon alerts: Receive a daily alert featuring the current term of the day from our Lexicon site.
- How many alerts am I entitled to?
- Company news alerts vary depending on whether you are registered or subscribed.
- Registered users can create up to 10, subscribers get up to 15 and premium users up to 30.
- You can set up one Lexicon alert, and one alert per portfolio for as many portfolios as you have.
- Please note, you must be registered or subscribed with ft.com to receive email alerts.
- What time of day will my alerts get delivered?
- Company news and price alerts, and index alerts, will be sent when the specified criteria is met.
- For example, if you have opted in to receive an alert when PSON: LSE makes a new 52 week high, you will only receive the alert once this event has occurred.
- For keyword alerts, you can opt in to automatically receive an alert when an article is published containing the specified keywords, or limit this to only being sent at a certain time each day as defined when you set up the alert.
- All other alerts types are delivered daily at the time you specify as part of the alerts set up.
- How can I create more accurate keyword alerts?
- Keyword alerts can be enhanced by including the “AND” and “NOT” operators, or by enclosing specific phrases in quotation marks. For example, searching for Eurozone AND “debt crisis” NOT Greece will return results including both Eurozone and debt crisis but will exclude results that also make reference to Greece.
- How do I change the email address my alerts get sent to?
- There is a preferences tab within the alerts hub where you specify the email address you wish the alert to be sent to. You can include up to two different email addresses.
- What happens if I want to stop receiving alerts for a short time period?
- Within the preferences tab you can chose to make alerts inactive for an indefinite time period, or use the “Vacation” option to set a specific time period for which alerts shouldn’t be triggered.
- What format are email alerts delivered in?
- Alerts can be sent in HTML or Text, as specified in the preferences tab.
- How do I delete or unsubscribe from an alert?
- Alerts can be deleted from within the alerts hub by selecting the grey cross next to the alert type you wish to remove. You can also unsubscribe using from within the email, using the “unsubscribe” link located within the email footer.
Corporate services emails FAQ
- What are Corporate Services emails?
- They are daily topic based email briefings exclusively for FT.com corporate subscribers. The emails consolidate articles on a particular topic from across FT.com into one daily email. There are 23 standard emails. Corporate customers can also request a custom email which is tailored to meet their specific information requirements
- How can I access the emails?
- What are the key features to be aware of?
- The latest news from your industry:
The emails are populated on a daily basis with relevant articles from multiple sections of FT.com, including Lex, comment, blogs and special reports.
They also include video reports from the FT’s leading journalists and exclusive interviews with CEOs and business leaders.
- Markets data:
The headline financials for each topic are included.
Your company name and logo in the email. For publicly traded companies we can also add the latest pricing information on your company directly in to the emails.
- How do I create a custom alert?