The FT’s Mobile website is available to all FT.com users straight from their mobile phone. Simply visit http://app.ft.com, or try our beta site, http://next.ft.com.
Below is an FAQ answering some of the most common queries about our mobile website.
Mobile website FAQ
- How can I access the FT on my mobile phone?
- What exactly is available on mobile?
- Our mobile site contains all the FT’s news, comment and analysis as well as blogs and our Life & Arts section. You can also find markets and company data from across the world and access your portfolio for updates on the go.
- Do I need to pay for access?
- Browsing headlines and blogs is free. To read news articles users must register – which is free. After registering users can view 3 free articles per month, have access to their FT.com portfolio and have unrestricted access to markets data and FT video. Full FT.com subscription is required to gain unlimited access.
- I cannot view my FT.com portfolio
- The portfolio feature is available to registered users or subscribers who have previously set up a portfolio on FT.com. You will not be able to set up a new portfolio via the application. Don’t forget, you will have to sign in to view your FT.com portfolio.
- I cannot find the content I am looking for
- A news search function is available through the search box near the top of all the main pages on the site. To find stock quotes use the search box on the Markets Data page.
- How do I sign in?
- Simply click on sign-in at the top of the screen and log in with the details you provided when you registered.
- I forgot my email address/password – how can I retrieve this?
- I can’t sign in to the mobile site but I am using the correct details
- If you are sure you are entering the correct login details for your account but are not able to log in, there may be a problem with your account. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and this can be resolved.
- How do I log out of the mobile site?
- You will be able to log out of the app by clicking on Sign out at the top or bottom of your screen.
- What terms and conditions apply to my service?
- Is my information secure?
- At FT.com we are committed to protecting your security/confidentiality. We know that when you use our mobile site you want to be sure that your name, address, credit card details and other personal information will be kept safe and secure, and we therefore take stringent measures to protect your information both online and offline.
- When taking your subscription details we use a secure server which encrypts all the personal information you give us before it is sent, including your credit or debit card details and your name and address.
- We also follow strict security procedures in the offline storage and disclosure of your information, to prevent unauthorised access.
- If you would like any more information about our security policy, please email email@example.com and we will be glad to help.