Having trouble signing in and getting access to FT.com?
Below are answers to common questions our customers ask.
Signing in FAQs
- How do I sign in to FT.com?
- Visit www.ft.com and in the top right hand corner there is a link to ‘sign in‘. Clicking this will display a box that asks you to enter your email address. Enter this together with your password and click the ‘sign in’ button. Once signed in, you should now see your email address displayed in the top right hand corner of FT.com.
- If you haven’t yet registered or subscribed to FT.com you’ll need to sign up. Find out what package best suits you.
- How do I sign in on my mobile or tablet?
- Mobile sign-in varies depending on your device. The Mobile section of FT Help contains FAQs for several of our mobile offerings.
- I’ve forgotten my password. Can you remind me what it is?
- Yes. Visit the Forgotten Password reminder page to have an email sent to you reminding you of your password.
- Which email address did I use to sign up to FT.com?
- Email email@example.com and our Customer Services team will try to identify your account. It would be helpful if you could tell them what email address you may have used along with your first and second name so that they try and can locate your account.
- I’m a newspaper subscriber. How do I sign in to the Privilege Club?
- Premium FT.com subscribers
Click the sign in link in the top right hand corner of the Privilege Club homepage, if you are already signed in to FT.com you will be automatically signed in to the Privilege Club.
- Newspaper subscribers
Click the sign in link in the top right hand corner of the Privilege Club homepage. In order to access the Privilege Club you need to have an FT.com account if you don’t have an existing account, one can be created for free by clicking ‘Register’ and following the FT.com registration process. Once signed with your FT.com account, on the Privilege Club homepage click ‘Are you a newspaper subscriber?’ and enter your Customer Priority Number and postcode. You will only be required to do this once. You will now have access to the Privilege Club when signed in to your FT.com account.
- Why do I need to re-enter my password when I access ‘Your Account’?
- This is for security. ‘Your Account‘ holds information personal to you which may include your address and payment details so we want to make sure you are who you say you are.
- Can I use my colleague’s email address and password?
- No. You must have your own subscription to FT.com. You can subscribe for your own personal subscription or if you work in a company and you’d like to have a company-wide subscription, our Corporate Sales team will be happy to discuss your needs with you.
- I tried to signed in but have been told my password has been reset. Why?
- If we suspect that your email address and password are being used by someone other than yourself, we will automatically reset your password. To have your password restored, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I change my password?
- Yes. Visit Your Account and under the Personal Details tab, you can click to ‘change’ your password.
- Can I change my email address?
- Yes. Visit Your Account and under the Personal Details tab, you can press the button to ‘edit your details‘. You’ll then be able to change your email address. One exception to this is if you use FT.com as part of your company or academic institution’s subscription. They may require you use your work/university email address only.
- I still can’t log in. What should I do?
- If you are sure you are entering the correct email address and password for your account but are not able to sign in, there may be a problem with your account. Simply email email@example.com with your details and our Customer Services team will try to resolve this promptly.