Have we told you your payment has been declined or asked you to update your payment details?
Below are answers to common questions to payment queries.
Payment queries FAQ
- My card is valid yet it hasn’t been authorised. Why is this?
- When paying by credit card we check with our payment processor that the credit card number, CVV number (3 or 4 digit code on the back of the card), your name and address match the details that your card issuing bank has and to make sure the card is still valid.
- On some occasions we are told that the card details are not correct or the card is not valid and this will result in a failed authorisation. If this happens, please check you have typed the card details correctly.
- If the problem continues to persist, we’ll have to suggest you to contact your bank for an explanation as to why your card is not being authorised.
- As an alternative, when subscribing to FT.com you can choose to pay by PayPal where you can either pay by credit/debit card or directly from your bank account. You may find PayPal processes your payment successfully.
- I’ve received an email to tell me my payment has been declined. What should I do?
- It’s likely that we’ve tried to renew your FT subscription but we’ve been unable to take payment using the payment details we have on file for you. To check and/or update your payment details, visit Your Account and on clicking the ‘Billing Details’ tab, you will be able to edit your payment details.
- It’s possible that the expiry date on your card has expired or is near to expiring. Once you’ve updated your details, we’ll try and process payment for your subscription again.
- Which credit cards do you accept?
- To subscribe to FT.com, you can pay with Visa, Mastercard or American Express. If you choose to pay for your FT.com subscription via PayPal, you can pay by other types of credit and debit cards too.
- How do I pay with PayPal?
- When subscribing to FT.com you can select PayPal as your payment method. When doing so, you’ll be taken to PayPal’s website and asked to sign-in to your PayPal account. If you don’t already have a PayPal account you can sign up for one there and then.
- If you’re a regular shopper online, having a PayPal account means you don’t need to re-enter your debit or credit card details each time you buy things online.
- Visit the PayPal site for more information.
- Can I get a receipt?
- Yes. If you’ve subscribed via FT.com, visit ‘My Account’ and under the Purchase History tab you can see a list of all your past purchases. Once a purchase has been processed, a link to download a receipt will be visible. This receipt will show VAT or other sales tax that was applied.
- If you subscribed via the FT Newspaper, contact our Customer Services team and they’ll be able to send you a receipt.
- When will you charge me?
- Your subscription will automatically renew based upon the term your subscribed to. If you subscribed to an Annual subscription, we will renew your subscription and take payment once a year. If you subscribed to a Monthly subscription, we will take payment each month.
- Visiting ‘Your Account‘ and accessing the Purchase History tab will show you when your subscription last renewed. This will indicate when your next subscription is likely to be due.