It’s always important to keep your information up to date to ensure we can always provide you with your FT subscription and it helps us tailor FT.com for you.
If you need to change your details, below are answers to frequently asked questions that offer some guidance.
Changing your details FAQs
- Where do I go to update my personal details?
- If you have an email address and password to access FT.com you can sign in to ‘Your Account‘ to view and update your personal details including your billing information.
- If you are a subscriber to the FT newspaper, you can sign in to our Newspaper ‘Manage Your Account’ area to view and update your details.
- Alternatively you can call our Customer Services team. It’s best not to email us with your personal details as email isn’t a secure method for sending this type of information.
- How do I update my billing details for my FT.com subscription?
- By visiting Your Account you can view and edit your personal details including your billing details.
- How do I update my billing details for my FT newspaper subscription
- By visiting Manage Your Account for the FT Newspaper, you can view and edit your personal details including your billing details.
- I subscribe to FT.com and FT newspaper. How can I update my details for both?
- Currently we have two methods depending on how you subscribed.
- First Sign in to ‘Your Account‘ on FT.com. Here you can update your personal details. If your billing details are not available here (there’ll be a Billing Details tab if they are) you’ll need to sign in to ‘Manage My Account’ for the newspaper.
- Alternatively you can call our Customer Services team who will be happy to assist you.
- How can I change my newspaper delivery address?
- Either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Services team who’ll be happy to assist you.
- Why can’t I change the country where I live in ‘Your Account’?
- This is likely to be the case because you are, or have previously been a subscriber and you want to change your country to one where a different currency is used. Our Customer Services team can change this on your behalf. Either email them at email@example.com or give them a call.
- Can the FT.com homepage edition default to my region?
- Sign in to ‘My Account‘ and change the country under Personal details. Next time you sign in to FT.com, the homepage edition should reflect the region where you live.
- Can I change my email address?
- Yes. Visit Your Account and under the Personal Details tab, you can press the button to ‘edit your details‘. You’ll then be able to change your email address. One exception to this is if you use FT.com as part of your company or academic institution’s subscription. They may require you use your work/university email address only.
- Why do I need to use my work/university email address?
- If you are using the FT.com subscription that your company or academic institution has purchased they may have stipulated that they want you to sign up to FT.com using your work or university email address. If this is the case, you won’t be able to change your email address to a personal one such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com